When I first moved to West Virginia I was terrified. I was convinced that I wouldn't fit in, would be lonely, and worst of all be completely overwhelmed by graduate school. My apartment complex constantly had students moving in and out so it was hard to establish any type of real friendship. However, I was blessed to have one neighbor move in who truly has made a difference in my life. Her name is Danielle Bray... aka Danny. She was there for all the good and bad times of grad school. She was also very supportive of my cooking and artwork - a great motivator.
One dish that I would often make and share with Danny was my Loaded Potato Soup which was always perfect for cold WV weather (partly why I moved to FL). It includes all the fixings of a baked potato: crumbled bacon, green onions, sour cream, and cheddar cheese.
This week I made it here in FL because believe it or not the Low temp has been in 30's (fooled me!). I discovered a quick/easy trick to making any potato soup recipe:
This was a great substitution for peeling and boiling potatoes after a long day at work! And my recipe still turned out to be delicious.



I love this!! I'm honored and in awe. Reading this made me feel as if I just came downstairs for a chat and some left overs!! I am so lucky to have moved into that crappy, cold, and TINY apartment! Because of this, I got to meet someone who was a true inspiration to me as well!! I miss you neighbor! Thank you for writing this.. It truly made me feel a little bit closer to you tonight! LOVE YOU... MISS YA!
ReplyDelete